The Color of 2011: Honeysuckle Pink

by Laura Casey Interiors on December 10, 2010

Have you seen a lot of turquoise this past year? Well it was the color of  2010, so expect some pink in the months ahead as Pantone has chosen Honeysuckle Pink as the color of 2011. I love pink and am all about the color when used in the right application, but am also somewhat surprised at the choice.  Their press release describes it as: “A color for all seasons. Courageous. Confident. Vital. A brave new color, for a brave new world. Let the bold spirit of Honeysuckle infuse you, lift you and carry you through the year. It’s a color for every day – with nothing ‘everyday’ about it”. (That press statement is mildly funny, please let me know if you face the “brave new world” with pink.)

Remember when I postedGet your Pink OnSoothing… In the Pink and two teenage girls’ bedrooms that included pink number 1 and number 2? I was on to pink for a while…

Here’s a Janet Kain pillow that is currently on one of my sofas ands a partial glimpse of my tree while we are at it.

Lately though, I have been giving you all a rest on pink, guess it’s time to bring it back. What do you think?? Does it deserve “color of the year” and is it time to give pink its’ day in the sun?

Happy pepto-ing.

December 10, 2010 at 7:37 am

1 pve December 10, 2010 at 6:08 am

I love the smell of honeysuckle and how pink can tickle one’s spirits.

2 Tweets that mention The Color of 2011: Honeysuckle Pink Interior Designer in Charlotte - Laura Casey Interiors - Interior Design, Charlotte NC -- Topsy.com December 10, 2010 at 7:37 am

[…] This post was mentioned on Twitter by Pink Fans, pink and Pink Bits Live, Laura CaseyInteriors. Laura CaseyInteriors said: The Color of 2011: Honeysuckle Pink: Have you seen a lot of turquoise this past year? Well it was the color of  … http://bit.ly/fMscYs […]

3 Kathysue December 10, 2010 at 9:15 am

I love pink in small doses in my home but I love wearing it. I have a sofa with what i call watermelon in a pattern on a natural linen that is beautiful and a chair in a watermelon check. Is this new color a blue base or yellow based pink. It looks different on everyones blogs? Either way it is pretty!!! Love your pepto-ing word, I think you just made up a new function, Kathysue

4 Susie December 10, 2010 at 10:45 am

I would use it more as an accent color, but don’t think I would want to build a room around this color like I could turquoise. I think of this color being more appropriate for a Florida home or a home occupied only by a female. My husband (and probably many others) would revolt if I proposed a room with a lot of this color in it. Too distinctly feminine to be the color of 2011. Just this humble designer’s opinion.

5 Jeanette Van Wicklen December 10, 2010 at 11:12 am

I LOVE pink and thrilled it’s the “it” color….I just started listing designer pillows on my ETSY store and LOVE the pink links pillow we have for sale….ck it out!:

Happy Holidays!!!!!!!
xoxoxo

6 quintessence December 10, 2010 at 6:20 pm

Not normally a pink girl – but you’re right, in the right application, it can be terrific. Your swatch of the pantone honeysuckle is much more appealing that some of the others I’ve seen – I’m hoping yours is more accurate!!

7 annechovie December 11, 2010 at 3:39 pm

Laura,
I love pink, the pillow and your tree! It looks fabulous. Hope you’re having a festive weekend. xx

8 style court December 12, 2010 at 6:04 pm

Yes, I was going to say I love your pink pillow, Laura. Especially fun to see it against the family tree. I’m thinking about one of the pink rooms Windsor Smith did in her own home. I believe it was first photographed as a dining room then in HB as a sitting room (living room?). Anyway, in that situation I liked the “brave” pink walls :) And I like Lisa Fine’s Paris living room. I’ll be on the lookout for more of this stronger honeysuckle.

9 UpcycledHome December 13, 2010 at 11:24 am

This is the exact pink we used in my daughter’s bedroom re-do last month. I could claim to have special powers and be clairvoyant to design trends. Or maybe she just really loves pink and I like to please my client…:-)

I think this would be lovely with muted shades of gray and charcoal, or with swiss coffee and latte as the base and this honeysuckle as the accent. I love bright pops of color to liven up neutrals! Fun, fun!

10 Pretty Pink Tulips December 13, 2010 at 10:48 pm

Obviously, I love pink (in the right places), but I was a bit surprised too that it was THE color. I guess I should make the most of it!!

11 Splendid Willow December 14, 2010 at 1:00 am

I like pink in small doses. And especially with gray. Your christmas tree looks lovely and the pillow too! (More of your house please!).

Love to you,