Green with…

by Laura Casey Interiors on October 28, 2010

I think about colors and combinations of colors often, and had been thinking about green and its varying shades for a while. Especially with the holidays quickly approaching, I have been thinking about darker greens. Green might seem like an uexpected choice for the kitchen, but between the wall colors, tiles and cabinets I am hooked. The trick is keeping it more chic than country looking.

Softer shades of dark greens look great when balanced with white trim or upholstery.

For a long time I had dark green chenille sofas. I have since switched them to blue (shocking), but still love the look of dark green upholstery. They also hide stains like nobody’s business.

In small doses…Janet Kain pillows (which I have and love)

Ralph Lauren Harper Table Lamp

Anthropologie Corrigan Chair

Green with…envy. I want to move into Julia Edelmann’s bathroom.

Bronson Van Wyck’s Home via Elle Decor;  Coastal Living; Nate Berkus via Elle Decor; Jeffrey Bilhuber; Phoebe Howard;  John Dransfield & Geoffrey Ross via Elle Decor; Timothy Whealon (8,10);  Peter Dunham;  Morgan Michener and Arren Williams via House and Home; Janet Kain Pillows; Ralph Lauren, Anthropologie;  Julia Edelmann via Rue Magazine

Green Kitchen Inspiration – E V E R Y D A Y | D R E A M I N G
March 22, 2016 at 10:45 am

1 sunny goode October 28, 2010 at 6:15 am

LOVE IT!!

2 pve October 28, 2010 at 6:35 am

You know how I feel about green, What a wonderful group of mixed greens. I love how soothing and calming green can be.
Just lovely Laura.

3 jodie tedman October 28, 2010 at 7:37 am

I have recently re-kindled a love affair with green. My 9 year daughter has stated she wants a green room, after being obsessed with cherry red since birth. When I was 12 I spent 4 days peeling the pink & white liberty wallpaper off my bedroom walls to paint them a dark Olive green. How I loved that room!!! Thank you for the photos. You have inspired my daughter and I to keep the green affair going.

4 Jean October 28, 2010 at 7:51 am

I love them all. Especially the green bathroom. Beautiful post!

5 Jeanette Van Wicklen October 28, 2010 at 10:05 am

great collage of pics….and i think a dark green velvet down chair w/nailheads is always classic!

6 Andrea October 28, 2010 at 10:07 am

Very calming….I love all of the photos, but esp the 1st and last.

7 Kathysue October 28, 2010 at 11:28 am

Love green, always have always will, My kitchen cupboards are painted a depression era green. Love them, I also have a green and white 3 in stripe in the kitchen and eating area. It always looks so fresh. Nature uses green as a base so I think that is enough to make me like it. Great post and examples of it being used Oh So Well!!! Kathysue

8 Carrie Waller October 28, 2010 at 12:16 pm

I especially love some of the greens that are on the gray side. In fact I’ve mixed a lot of olive greens with my gray walls in the main rooms of my house. It becomes a nice neutral. I also like to choose paint where the gray has a green base. Great pics and you’re right when decorating for the holidays greens certainly enhance Fall and Christmas color schemes.

9 LLH Designs October 28, 2010 at 10:56 pm

Oh my goodness! My first house had dark green Ralph Lauren paint on the kitchen walls and white cabinets and backsplash. I fell in love with the house for the kitchen. A well known designer lived there just before we did, so I considered it very hip…and that was 11 years ago!

Thanks for the happy memory!
Linsey

10 mydesignchic October 29, 2010 at 7:27 am

Beautiful images…love the green bathroom!

11 style court October 29, 2010 at 7:51 am

So many of my favorites here! Laura, I really love the idea of a rich green kitchen. Especially loving your pick with the white tile, black cabinets, rustic island and copper pots.

Thinking about the kitchen set in the movie “Practical Magic,” I’d like to see you do a fresh design inspired by the original. You have a way with kitchens :)

12 Pretty Pink Tulips October 29, 2010 at 9:31 am

Green has really grown on my over the years. I have it scattered here in there, never my main color, but definitely in the house. More sage. But, I could live with and love every single image above!!

13 Eddie Ross October 29, 2010 at 9:55 am

Great color… that first kitchen shown in your post is stunning!

E+J

14 Mona Thompson October 29, 2010 at 10:45 am

Laura, I love green. I’m crazy for that first kitchen. So pretty with the stained wood. If you get a chance stop by and see my kitchen today. I have a painted green finish on my island and lower cabinets that I really like. Have a great weekend. Mona

15 Liz Morten October 31, 2010 at 8:47 am

I just sent you a photo of the Green dining room on Mrs. Howard’s dining room wall in CLT. I love it.
Best,
Liz

16 Sarah (Matters of Style) November 2, 2010 at 9:14 am

Love that second kitchen with the green subway tiles.

17 Green Kitchen Inspiration – E V E R Y D A Y | D R E A M I N G March 22, 2016 at 10:45 am

[…] Green and Chalkboard | Laura Casey Interiors […]

18 Putlockers Movies March 9, 2017 at 5:59 pm

One more issue is that video games are usually serious anyway with the principal focus on learning rather than leisure. Although, there’s an entertainment aspect to keep children engaged, just about every game is normally designed to focus on a specific group of skills or curriculum, such as math or technology. Thanks for your posting.