Stencils with Sunny

by Laura Casey Interiors on September 4, 2009

Thank you to the WASHINGTON POST for including this post in the BLOG WATCH

It’s not wallpaper….

Picture 16

Stencils are a great alternative way to add a decorative design, whether it is giving contrast to the floors,

Picture 14

sunny116

sunny100

or to the walls…

Picture 17

Picture 3

Picture 7

Picture 11

or by giving some new life to old furniture.

Picture 5

What a cute idea to put up a monogram in a girls bedroom.

Picture 16_2

My new favorite source for stencils is Sunny’s Goodtime Paints in Richmond, VA.

The website is full of helpfulĀ tutorials and fabulous products.

Picture 2

Picture 18

Picture 9

I found Sunny’s business when she left me a comment on my blog and a link to her site.

What do you think? Do you love the look of stencils too?

Photo Credits: All from Sunny’s Paint but #1 via Fabulous Finishes

1 velvet and linen August 31, 2009 at 6:19 am

Great images, Laura. I’m oogling that diamond patterned floor stencil.
I’d love to do that in a home. That image is definitely going in my inspiration file.
Have a wonderful Monday.

xo
Brooke

2 sunny goode August 31, 2009 at 6:41 am

Thanks Laura!

xo
Sunny!

3 Jean August 31, 2009 at 6:56 am

These are beautiful, and your blog is full of wonderful ideas. Thanks so much. Made my day again!

4 pve August 31, 2009 at 8:18 am

I found out about Sunny via another sunny blogger and I just love learning about old crafts that suddenly have a new-found meaning. Lately, I seem to be drawn to these sorts of works, did you know that they originated all the way back to the “walls” of cave art? The history always intrigues me and then of course names like Happy, Joy and “Sunny!”

5 Jane Hunter August 31, 2009 at 8:41 am

Laura – I have met Sunny and seen her beautiful work. (She lives in Richmond and came to my sister’s house for an appointment when I was visiting.) Sunny and her team are great & it is wonderful that her books and materials allow others to create in their own homes. Thanks for sharing this and your other inspirations. Jane

6 LeilaMac August 31, 2009 at 8:52 am

I love Sunny’s! Such fun stencils. I’ve been enamored with the floor stenciling pic (from an old Domino) for some time…and am about to stencil our powder room. Another great stencil resource is Whitewall & Co if you’re looking for more options (I’m using Turkish Rose)!

7 Maryruth August 31, 2009 at 9:02 am

The brightness of these rooms is excellent. Stencils shine in these rooms.
Wonderful. I like all your blogs – very unique and informative! The green house in the Catskills is still my favorite!
Maryruth

8 Sarah August 31, 2009 at 9:37 am

The word stencil reminds me of borders we put up around our rooms in the 1980’s but these images are fresh and beautiful. Floor stencils are my favorite!

9 Linda in AZ * August 31, 2009 at 10:42 am

* YOU SCARED ME THERE, Laura!!! When I opened my e-mail & read the WORD “stencil” , I thought (and probably quite naturally!), of those “things” from “way-back-when”, & actually opened today’s blog out of “curiosity” (cuz I KNOW you have good taste!)~~~~ Ahhhhh, and this was a luuuuverlyy surprize!!!

EVERYthing looks wonderful~~~ so fresh and new and DEEELIGHTFUL, like a freshly-squeed Orange Juice in a glimmering, crystal champagne goblet first thing in the a.m…. with a strawberry included, of course!!!

Loved & enjoyed it all!!
MANY THANKS!
Linda in AZ *

10 Linda in AZ * August 31, 2009 at 10:45 am

P.S. I’ve never SEEN a “grown-up”, delicious pink like the one you showed here in the hallway with the two chairs…. absolutely SCRUMPTUOUS!!! And those initials over the young girl’s bed are soooo charming!!! SOOOOOO much to like here!!!! Thanks again!
Linda *

11 Karena September 1, 2009 at 9:50 am

Loved the table top with stencil and the Monogram for a girls room, block letters mono would be great for a boys room.

12 Pigtown-Design September 3, 2009 at 9:53 am

I agree! Grown up stencils!

Congrats on the WaPost mention!

13 Keri R. September 16, 2009 at 10:44 am

The third picture down is how I would picture Barbie’s dreamhouse! I just dont picture it in my head the way Jonathan Adler did it! I think Barbie would love the above photo! I do!

14 Sweet Nothings September 16, 2009 at 3:29 pm

i LOVE the hot pink monogram one..how CHIC for an office