Emerald: Pantone Color of the Year

by Laura Casey Interiors on January 22, 2013

Hello friends and readers, I am back and hope you all are doing well. A lot has gone on with me in the past month including some traveling, a move, and that other thing called life that happens… I’ve been very busy but am now happily back to work and the blog. We were in Miami before Christmas with our boys and had a great trip. Anna helped coordinate for our oldest son to high five the Miami Heat players on his birthday on the court which was one of the highlights of the trip. We went to one of our favorite restaurants there that I blogged about a few years ago- Quattro in Miami Beach. It seems fitting to start this post with a look at the sleek interiors of it.

Quattro Miami Beach View from Door 1 Emerald: Pantone Color of the Year

Quattro florida Taste of the Town 6 1 Emerald: Pantone Color of the Year

In good news for designers, Pantone has selected Emerald as the color of 2013.

Picture 84 Emerald: Pantone Color of the Year

This gorgeous green is described as “lively, radiant and lush; a color of elegance and beauty that enhances our sense of well-being, balance and harmony.” If this is what Emerald Green is about then please bring it on. I can always use an extra dose of balance and harmony.

living room design ideas ED0110 Gambrel 02 lgn2 Emerald: Pantone Color of the Year

barnaba fornasetti EDC 01 13 05 lgn Emerald: Pantone Color of the Year

Screen Shot 2013 01 19 at 1.42.55 PM Emerald: Pantone Color of the Year

I am thinking I need some additional emerald greenery in my life.

264938390549920457 FUAXEQpQ c Emerald: Pantone Color of the Year

Screen Shot 2013 01 19 at 1.43.04 PM Emerald: Pantone Color of the Year

272608583664827327 arCV3VfA c Emerald: Pantone Color of the Year

I’m expecting to see lots this vibrant jewel tone throughout the year.

What do you think of Pantone’s pick?

I LOVE it!

Photo Credits: Elle Decor (3,4), House Beautiful (5), Pinterest (6-8)

Emerald Isle Style | Wittyburg.com
March 11, 2013 at 5:40 pm

1 Nancy January 22, 2013 at 8:20 am

Love looking at all of those photos on your beautiful blog!!! LOVE the emerald pick!!!

2 pve January 22, 2013 at 9:55 am

Green has always been and will be one of my most favorite colors. I have lived with every hue of green. I love the emerald green – envious of all those spaces that have that green.
I do need to add some accessories in emerald green to my wardrobe as well as home.

3 Nanine Hartzenbusch Fox January 22, 2013 at 10:04 am

Gorgeous color! love all greens, but this one looks especially elegant. Thanks for your beautiful posts, Laura & wishing you a Happy 2013!

4 Patti Borrelli @BeSoStyle January 22, 2013 at 10:10 am

Love Miami Beach. And love these striking examples of emerald. May have to add to my pinboard. I just posted recently on the same subject…always love the freshness of green. Come visit sometime. I’m a fellow Charlotte-girl obsessed with design. Have an amazing week!

5 Kirsten Nease January 22, 2013 at 10:44 am

Love Emerald! Beautiful photos…I especially like the doors and close up of pillows and drapery! It is a very soothing color… bringing us all back to nature! Great post.

6 Sandra Jonas January 22, 2013 at 12:03 pm

Love it! Green, the colour Mother NAture chose for foliage.
Welcome back!

7 LLH Designs January 22, 2013 at 9:21 pm

I’ve loved Pantone’s picks in the last few years, but I’m not much a green person when it comes to my interiors. I LOVE green outside, though! Can’t wait for spring to bring on the green! xo!

8 pretty pink tulips January 23, 2013 at 1:38 pm

Welcome back, Laura!! I’ve missed you.

Love Miami…but have only spent 1 day there…and that was escaping a hurricane-invaded trip to the Bahamas. So, I have vowed to go back, but don’t know it well at all. I’ll have to check out your favorite hotel.

As far as Emerald as the color of the year….I think it’s brilliant. Alive, vibrant, growth…that’s what it reads to me. I’m expecting great things for 2013!

xo Elizabeth

9 traci zeller designs January 26, 2013 at 12:47 am

I’m glad you are doing well, Laura! I haven’t been to Miami recently, but Quattro is going on my “must visit” list!!

10 Josh Urso Design January 28, 2013 at 11:40 am

We’ve never been afraid of color so, bring on the emerald green! Looks great as an accent color in the designs but we’d like to use it paired with saturated blues and blacks.

We just ran into someone who’s already sporting emerald nails!

11 KeithBraud @ the online furniture store January 30, 2013 at 7:01 am

Your all green color is very beautiful. The rich dark green color is said to be a color of healing, unity and new life. This is the better way to say “hello” to the guests at new year. Thanks

12 Brittney Everett March 15, 2013 at 3:41 pm

Hi,
I’m looking for those deep Emerald curtains, any idea where to find some?