Doors in Paris

by Laura Casey Interiors on August 22, 2012

Earlier this summer my husband and I took our two boys to Paris. It was a wonderful trip and, as you can imagine, it was very inspiring. It had been about ten years since I was there, and I was still enamored with the architecture and beauty of the city. As I’ve written about before, details make up so much of what I am drawn to so I couldn’t help but to take pictures of many of the doors and their saturated colors. The first one makes me want to drop everything and go back…

I got some funny looks taking pictures of the doors but I couldn’t help it.

I’ll pop in a few more Paris posts as time allows, the boys are back in school today so I have a little bit more of it.

Can You Give Me Some Ideas On Interior Designs…Sure I Can
August 22, 2012 at 11:16 am

1 Patti Drane August 22, 2012 at 10:42 am

Laura, I love doors and enjoyed seeing these gorgeous ones you found in Paris. Paitti

2 Ivy de Leon August 22, 2012 at 10:49 am

The doors are beautiful. Hope the boys have a great week back in school.

3 Can You Give Me Some Ideas On Interior Designs…Sure I Can August 22, 2012 at 11:16 am

[…] Tangerine Tango: Interior Design – blog.pantone.comAmazing Modern Tiny House Interior DesignsDoors in Paris Interior Designer in Charlotte – Interior Decorator – Laura Casey Interiors […]

4 Barbara@HausDesign August 22, 2012 at 12:19 pm

This was one of my favorite things to photograph as we traveled around Europe, although I found some of the best doors were not easy to photograph with all the cars parked right in front of them! :) I love the close ups you did of the beautiful paints and detailing…lovely! Here is one post I did on doors if you’d like to see: http://bjdhausdesign.blogspot.com/2010/12/doorways.html

5 Jean August 22, 2012 at 12:38 pm

These doors are so gorgeous they make you want to go right inside to discover the beauty inside!

6 Andrea August 22, 2012 at 12:54 pm

A friend sent me your post. I just started a lifestyle blog a few weeks ago and am always looking for inspiration. I will be going back to Paris next month and will be taking special note of the unusual doors and knobs. Love this post!

7 Phyllis Higgerson August 23, 2012 at 7:10 am

Beautiful photos!

8 LLH Designs August 23, 2012 at 9:31 pm

So envious of your trip! And so happy for you! I photographed dors, shutters and windows like a crazy person when I was in Provence. Those photos were some of the first cards I sold in my business…and still some of my favorites! xo!

9 traci zeller designs August 25, 2012 at 7:46 pm

What a wonderful trip! My husband and I have a trip to Paris planned for early next year, but we won’t be taking the twins. School starts for us in a few days … and this mommy is nervous!

10 Chuck August 27, 2012 at 10:21 pm

These are lovely indeed! The colors, the classic look – It’s totally Paris! I got my new door from http://www.dooremporium.com/Cat/UniqueEntryDoors/3.aspx, and it looks somewhat like most of this doors. No paint finish yet, but I’m planning to paint it with crimson red.

11 Karena August 28, 2012 at 1:22 pm

I am always attracted to the different colored doorways and window when traveling.
It is such an interesting experience to capture; thank you for sharing Laura!

xoxo
Karena
Art by Karena

12 Sandra Jonas August 29, 2012 at 4:46 pm

Laura, I did the very same thing! I was so taken with those beautiful doors….the details in Paris are spectacular! Thanks for sharing.

13 Amy Vermillion September 4, 2012 at 3:45 pm

GORGEOUS! I’m glad I’m not the only one who would take a little one for international travel!
We owe each other a lunch date!
Amy

14 Cristina September 24, 2012 at 3:04 pm

I absolutely L-0-V-E D-O-O-R-S!! What comes to my mind are the doors I saw in Florence, Italy and other places in Italy I visited during my tour. Unfortunately, I’m not a picture person so I didn’t think of taking any pictures while enjoying the sites. I wish I did now. I will definitely be conscious of it on my next trips abroad because of this blog. Thank you for sharing these beautiful pics, Laura. I enjoyed looking at them.
Cristina