Doors in Paris

by Laura Casey Interiors on August 22, 2012

Earlier this summer my husband and I took our two boys to Paris. It was a wonderful trip and, as you can imagine, it was very inspiring. It had been about ten years since I was there, and I was still enamored with the architecture and beauty of the city. As I’ve written about before, details make up so much of what I am drawn to so I couldn’t help but to take pictures of many of the doors and their saturated colors. The first one makes me want to drop everything and go back…

DSC 0346 601x1024 Doors in Paris

DSC 0282 685x1024 Doors in Paris

DSC 0319 685x1024 Doors in Paris

DSC 0322 685x1024 Doors in Paris

DSC 0281 685x1024 Doors in Paris

DSC 0326 685x1024 Doors in Paris

DSC 0317 1024x685 Doors in Paris

DSC 0309 685x1024 Doors in Paris

I got some funny looks taking pictures of the doors but I couldn’t help it.

I’ll pop in a few more Paris posts as time allows, the boys are back in school today so I have a little bit more of it.

Can You Give Me Some Ideas On Interior Designs…Sure I Can
August 22, 2012 at 11:16 am

1 Patti Drane August 22, 2012 at 10:42 am

Laura, I love doors and enjoyed seeing these gorgeous ones you found in Paris. Paitti

2 Ivy de Leon August 22, 2012 at 10:49 am

The doors are beautiful. Hope the boys have a great week back in school.

3 Barbara@HausDesign August 22, 2012 at 12:19 pm

This was one of my favorite things to photograph as we traveled around Europe, although I found some of the best doors were not easy to photograph with all the cars parked right in front of them! :) I love the close ups you did of the beautiful paints and detailing…lovely! Here is one post I did on doors if you’d like to see: http://bjdhausdesign.blogspot.com/2010/12/doorways.html

4 Jean August 22, 2012 at 12:38 pm

These doors are so gorgeous they make you want to go right inside to discover the beauty inside!

5 Andrea August 22, 2012 at 12:54 pm

A friend sent me your post. I just started a lifestyle blog a few weeks ago and am always looking for inspiration. I will be going back to Paris next month and will be taking special note of the unusual doors and knobs. Love this post!

6 Phyllis Higgerson August 23, 2012 at 7:10 am

Beautiful photos!

7 LLH Designs August 23, 2012 at 9:31 pm

So envious of your trip! And so happy for you! I photographed dors, shutters and windows like a crazy person when I was in Provence. Those photos were some of the first cards I sold in my business…and still some of my favorites! xo!

8 traci zeller designs August 25, 2012 at 7:46 pm

What a wonderful trip! My husband and I have a trip to Paris planned for early next year, but we won’t be taking the twins. School starts for us in a few days … and this mommy is nervous!

9 Chuck August 27, 2012 at 10:21 pm

These are lovely indeed! The colors, the classic look – It’s totally Paris! I got my new door from http://www.dooremporium.com/Cat/UniqueEntryDoors/3.aspx, and it looks somewhat like most of this doors. No paint finish yet, but I’m planning to paint it with crimson red.

10 Karena August 28, 2012 at 1:22 pm

I am always attracted to the different colored doorways and window when traveling.
It is such an interesting experience to capture; thank you for sharing Laura!

xoxo
Karena
Art by Karena

11 Sandra Jonas August 29, 2012 at 4:46 pm

Laura, I did the very same thing! I was so taken with those beautiful doors….the details in Paris are spectacular! Thanks for sharing.

12 Amy Vermillion September 4, 2012 at 3:45 pm

GORGEOUS! I’m glad I’m not the only one who would take a little one for international travel!
We owe each other a lunch date!
Amy

13 Cristina September 24, 2012 at 3:04 pm

I absolutely L-0-V-E D-O-O-R-S!! What comes to my mind are the doors I saw in Florence, Italy and other places in Italy I visited during my tour. Unfortunately, I’m not a picture person so I didn’t think of taking any pictures while enjoying the sites. I wish I did now. I will definitely be conscious of it on my next trips abroad because of this blog. Thank you for sharing these beautiful pics, Laura. I enjoyed looking at them.
Cristina