My Favorite Things: Window Boxes

by Laura Casey Interiors on June 5, 2012

Flower boxes are so pretty, and I was reminded of just how much I love them  when I was recently reading Pretty Pink Tulips.pretty pink My Favorite Things: Window BoxesI love the color combinations of green against white and black,southern living My Favorite Things: Window Boxesand pink, green and white against grey.david fuller My Favorite Things: Window BoxesFor some privacy, a good idea is to plant something tall in the center.brooklyn My Favorite Things: Window BoxesHere is a link for a great  DIY windowbox.mossed filled My Favorite Things: Window BoxesYou can also use pretty and unexpected plants.cabbage My Favorite Things: Window BoxesWant tips for what types of plants to put in your windowbox based on your needs? Check out this comprehensive guide by BHG (the below image is for how to get a ‘full’ looking windowbox).full windowbox My Favorite Things: Window BoxesWhat’s not to love about them?

Pretty Pink Tulips (1), Southern Living (2), David Fuller featured on Patterson Maker (3), Althouse (4), House and Home (5), Life On The Balcony (6), and Better Homes & Gardens (7).

Window Boxes: What Beautiful Homes Are Made Of
October 24, 2012 at 8:17 pm

1 Lisa Mende Design June 5, 2012 at 6:41 am

I do adore window boxes Laura! They look so quaint! Hope you are having a great week!

2 pve June 5, 2012 at 6:45 am

I think window boxes dress up a window and add such charm and grace to a home.

3 Carol June 5, 2012 at 7:32 am

Good Morning,
Woke up this morning, turned on my laptop and Email looking for employment. Opened your Blog to find reminisces of times gone by…. especially love the wire basket with moss liner…oh sooooo pretty.
Bless You.

4 Summer June 5, 2012 at 9:55 am

I’m crazy about window boxes too and have 5 at my house. One thing I wanted to mention is that you can buy pots of pink Hydrangeas at the grocery store and put the whole pot in the windowbox as shown above. All plants shown are not growing in the soil of the windowbox. This gives you many more options to swap the pots out when the flowers look tired and get new flowers. I do love Walpole products. I also have “troughs” which fit the much bigger cocomat liners for a less formal look than wooden boxes. I think windowboxes of colorful flowers are such a joy and one way to share beauty with everyone who passes by.

5 Splendid Willow June 5, 2012 at 11:32 am

Favorite Laura,

Hope all is well.

Yes, Ms. Elizabeth knows a thing or two about pretty window boxes! The black ones against the brick are also very pretty.

Hugs to you.

Mon

6 Nancy June 5, 2012 at 11:33 am

I love these boxes. They sure add the finishing touch to a home!
Nancy