Holiday Crafts

by Laura Casey Interiors on December 7, 2011

The holidays have snuck up on me…I feel like I was just helping the boys out of their Halloween costumes and visiting relatives for Thanksgiving. This year, I really want to try to do more decorating with me boys, and I thought it might be fun to share ways to decorate your home for the holidays as a family. Getting everyone involved is easy and I hope these next projects and images will inspire you to create a holiday ready home that is full of fun crafting and memories!

Emily Henderson from Secrets from a Stylist created this really fun and cute Gift Guide back in October. There are lots of decorating ideas from talented bloggers like my friend Cristin from Simplified Bee. She created this neat Christmas mantel. The pinecone garland is an easy DIY project!

guide gift Holiday Crafts

Make your own holiday door swag! The smells from greenery like yew and holly are amazing – tie on some beautiful large ribbon and a few ornaments and ta-da!

swag Holiday Crafts

This project is a little late but better late than never! A DIY advent calendar (with printables)

advent Holiday Crafts

A fun project to do with the kids: have them collect pinecones, using white non-toxic glue place glitter (gold or metallic!) and place in a large hurricane.

pinecones Holiday Crafts

Really feeling crafty? Spend a Saturday afternoon around the kitchen table with your kids and make some amazing memorable gift tags with them. These felt and craft paper gift tags are adorable and those receiving them will feel extra special

ornaments Holiday Crafts

Simple DIY holly and bell napkins holders are easy to make and aren’t over the top complicated…

holly napkins Holiday Crafts

These recycled magazines have been transformed into gold glitter tree decor! How inspired and kid friendly as well!

magazine trees Holiday Crafts

Always wanted to make your own stockings? Now is the time to do it!

stockings Holiday Crafts

These mantel is an easy to create, low cost holiday decor that you can recreate with your own color scheme.

mantel Holiday Crafts

Everyone has old buttons! These DIY button snowmen are adorable.

button snowmen Holiday Crafts

Happy crafting friends!

Laura Casey Interiors, LLC

www.lauracaseyinteriors.com

Image Credits: Holiday Guide by Emily Hendersen (1), Good Housekeeping (2), Oh Happy Day (3), Better Homes and Gardens (4), Martha Stewart (5-8), Centsational Girl (9), Urban Paisley blog (10).

{ 2 trackbacks }

Button Craft Ideas - Red Ted Art's Blog
April 22, 2014 at 9:31 am
Fab Ideas on Button Crafts for Christmas Decorations | www.FabArtDIY.com
November 4, 2014 at 12:48 pm

1 pve December 7, 2011 at 8:36 am

Oh Laura, it is true that we all feel compelled to rush from one holiday to the next without truly appreciating the rich spirit. I feel so blessed to have one son home to lift the tree, tow that garland and heave ho ho ho around the house.
Before you know it your little boys will be helping you with things that they also find meaning in creating a heavenly spirit in one’s home for the holidays.

2 Anonymous December 7, 2011 at 9:35 am

What lovely inspiring ideas!

3 Patti Drane December 7, 2011 at 12:10 pm

Laura, Thanks for putting me back in touch with cute DiY ideas for children….especially since I will be needing them again with the new grandchild on the way! A great post with lots of other pretty decorating and gift ideas.

Hope you have a Merry Christmas with your family.

Patti

4 pretty pink tulips December 7, 2011 at 6:22 pm

So many adorable ideas. And whatever I can’t manage this year, I’ll put in the inspiration file for next year!!!

Happy decorating, Laura!
xo Elizabeth

5 Karena December 8, 2011 at 7:39 pm

Laura I love seeing so many creative ideas this time of year!!

Still many surprises coming up in our amazing 12 Days of Holiday Giveaways!! The French Basketeer has a lovely offering right now!

xoxo
Karena

Art by Karena

6 Eddie Ross December 8, 2011 at 11:42 pm

We love the greenery on the door. You can purchase a few pieces of spruce or pine from the market and create a scented arrangement, perfect for the holiday season.
Thanks for all the great ideas.
xo E + J

7 Delishhh December 9, 2011 at 11:20 am

Great ideas – i really like the pinecone idea!

8 cristin @ simplified bee December 10, 2011 at 5:52 pm

Thank you so much for the mention!

The door swag is gorgeous. May have to try that myself!

Wishing you and your family a lovely Christmas.

xo,