Laundry Rooms

by Laura Casey Interiors on October 12, 2011

I am starting to work on a laundry room for an old client in a new house. She’s got three kids under age five so she needs plenty of storage and workspace. Laundry rooms are often forgotten but always used! A well set up, organized and decorated laundry room is a necessity… As a mom,  I know what it is like to spend a lot time doing laundry. Here are some impressive laundry rooms I spotted along with some great accessories to ease this somewhat tedious chore! These bi-fold door conceals the washer and dryer for a sleek, all white laundry space. There’s lots of room for storage and hiding away unsightly objects.

concealed laundry Laundry Rooms

This airy and bright laundry room utilizes the hallway/room leading out to the back garden.

What a great use of space – I would love to do laundry in here, especially with beautiful fresh flowers.

bright laundry room Laundry Rooms

Although I won’t be doing this type of thing with the laundry room I am working on, I couldn’t help sharing this neat design by Mona Ross Berman

- she used barn doors to conceal the laundry area. Too cool!

barn doors laundry room Laundry Rooms

Here is a great use of drying racks in a clean looking laundry room.

rabaut laundry thumb1 Laundry Rooms

I love this idea of putting wallpaper in the laundry room, adds a fun feel to the back of the shelves.

wallpaper laundry room Laundry Rooms

A great idea is an easily concealed ironing board (yes I still iron).

pull out ironing board Laundry Rooms

A sleek laundry room clad in steel.

stainless steal Laundry Rooms

I think one does at least the number of kids they have in loads a day, maybe more.

In a few weeks I’ll post a before and after, happy washing in the meantime.

Image Credits: House and Home (1-2 & 9), House Beautiful (3),Things That Inspire (4), Country Living (5-6)

the white stuff – laundry …
February 26, 2013 at 8:49 pm

1 Sandra Jonas October 12, 2011 at 9:39 am

How fabulous! I never thought of laundry rooms in this context. I have a space I could convert, instead of being cramped in the utility room as I am now.
Always inspiring. Thanks Laura

2 traci zeller designs October 12, 2011 at 9:54 am

Love this post, Laura! I’m actually starting on a laundry room reno, too … and I’ve also been redoing my own. Am chuckling at the “number of kids = number of loads per day” idea — I think you are right on. And I owe you an email!!!!

3 Mitica Fashion Illustrations October 12, 2011 at 12:57 pm

Really so inspired, chic and classy your blog!!

Im follower of your blog :)

If you need fashion illustrations on canvas or framed, prints or greeting cards, you can visit my blog!

4 pve October 12, 2011 at 2:07 pm

eeeek, our laundry room was also part of our renovation/addition – and I have a laundry shoot and lovely large front loaders. My dear husband thinks I will never come out…I do love clean fresh laundry!

5 pve October 12, 2011 at 2:08 pm

your blog and site are looking like fresh laundry, clean and sparkly!

6 Smart Deco October 12, 2011 at 2:37 pm

I love the sliding barn doors! We have a situation like that – just a washer and drier stashed behind double doors. Changing out the doors to something more interesting could be fun! But if I had a designated laundry room – I would want a giant sink, lots of counter space for laying things flat to dry, and a big shelf full of Pre de Provence lavender linen water. If one must iron, one should at least be treated to a little aromatherapy!

7 Tatiana Doria October 13, 2011 at 5:36 am

Great ideas all of them. I love your blog!

8 Beadboard UpCountry October 13, 2011 at 3:02 pm

Laundry rooms, a definite necessity, why not make them fabulous???? Nice examples! Maryanne xo

9 Krista Wilson October 14, 2011 at 8:51 pm

Can’t wait to see how it turns out! ; )

10 Yelena (Colorful Childhood) October 17, 2011 at 10:16 pm

I am wondering if anybody’s laundry rooms actually look that clean and uncluttered in real life? All these staged pictures are beautiful, but I would really like to see some real-life pictures.

11 Jayne October 18, 2011 at 5:58 am

Love these rooms and so smart to make a room you will be spending a LOT of time in look good! So forget the louver doors and hiding of the main objects and purpose for the room….let that washer and dryer show! Who wants to open and close the closet door everytime you load and unload? Some of the machines have such great styling now, just let them show!