Art: What’s your style?

by Laura Casey Interiors on June 29, 2011

Interior art is such a personal choice and most importantly needs to compliment the design. I just had a custom piece of art hung at a clients’ house and it looks fantastic. I grew up exposed to many styles of art. My mother painted mostly landscapes on canvas with oils, but also did some more modern abstract paintings- so I love it all! We frequently went to New York to visit different museums, and when I lived there in my twenties I often visited on my own. So I’m curious dear readers, what would you say your style is…

chic & modern?

modernart1 Art: Whats your style?

modernart3 Art: Whats your style?

modernart2 Art: Whats your style?

modernart4 Art: Whats your style?

classic & traditional?

tradart Art: Whats your style?

tradart3 Art: Whats your style?

trad4 Art: Whats your style?

tradart4 Art: Whats your style?

or are you the creative type who does it themselves?

diyart Art: Whats your style?

diyart2 Art: Whats your style?

diyart3 Art: Whats your style?

cloud art Art: Whats your style?

Our summer intern has been working on a neat DIY art project which I’ll share with you soon.

What style do you love or are you a bit of a mix like me?

Image credits: Bruce T. Bananto for Elle Decor (1), House Beautiful (2), Sunset magazine (3), John Loecke for Lonny Magazine (4),  Southern Living (5), Traditional Home (6), Elle Decor (7), Elle Decor (8), Make Under My Life (9), Made By Girl (10), So Haute (11), and A Cup of Jo (12).

What Type of Art are You? Interior Designer in Charlotte … | artpreneur.co.cc
June 29, 2011 at 9:25 am

1 Barbara@HausDesign June 29, 2011 at 6:51 am

I also love a mix and you have some beautiful examples here – I especially love layering sketches, mirrors and abstract art for an interesting mix…cool post!

2 New Light Redesign June 29, 2011 at 7:26 am

I love it all but definitely drawn more to Modern Abstract and DYI art.

3 Jean June 29, 2011 at 7:54 am

For me the underlying ingredient, whether realistic or abstract, has to be beauty.

4 Jess LC June 29, 2011 at 8:51 am

Thanks so much for featuring my chevron paintings! I love them and Jens’ work is wonderful too!

5 pve June 29, 2011 at 10:06 am

Love so many styles. I would love to own an Elliot Pukette, what I call calligraphy on a chalkboard…..I would love to own a Maira Kalman because I love her whimsical point of view. Then I do love the Old Masters too. We have some old portraits in our home and I like knowing that the ancestors are smiling down or yonder upon us.

6 Splendid Willow June 29, 2011 at 10:21 am

Good morning Laura,

I love to mix! I love contemporary art together with antiques. And old art pieces mixed with modern furnishings. I guess I like contrasts. Art and books will always be important to me. And I also have a couple of my own DIY pieces. Not exactly master pieces but special and meaningful to me!

Would love to see the custom piece. And your intern’s DIY project!

Hugs

Mon

Show

7 Karena June 29, 2011 at 10:50 am

Laura I do like a mix, most of my art is contemporary/abstract, however I have a few traditional pieces as well!

xoxo
Karena
Art by Karena

Come and join my fashionable Giveaway from The Shabby Apple!

8 TSL @ Living In Art June 29, 2011 at 1:38 pm

From realism to abstraction, it’s all good!

9 Pretty Pink Tulips June 29, 2011 at 6:09 pm

Definitely a mix! Can’t wait to see your DIY project!

xo Elizabeth

10 meg June 29, 2011 at 8:16 pm

Definitely modern or traditional; I don’t have a clue about making my own! (although I wish I did) Looking forward to your DIY project.

11 Cindy June 29, 2011 at 9:06 pm

I love the mix…and especially like seeing traditional with modern, and the reverse. AND, nothing makes me happier than a little something framed that was created by a child. My mother painted later in her life and as she is now ill, I am trying to think of some way to frame some of her watercolors and add those into the mix, too. I love your posts!!!

12 Carrie Waller June 30, 2011 at 2:32 pm

Now here is a post I can wrap my brush around:) I love it all, realism, abstract, photography and everything in between. Love to see a great combination. My own personal style that I paint is a very realistic look, simple elegance is what I aim to achieve.

13 Andrea July 1, 2011 at 8:09 am

We try to collect art by artists we know, (somewhat) regardless of style. Right now, that means we have mostly photographs and posters, but they all have great back stories. I had to remind myself that last night when my husband came home with a canvas by an artist he knows and really appreciates … and whose work I just can’t stand. Still, knowing the story behind the work, and the person as well, makes it much more interesting.

14 Yelena (Colorful Childhood) July 10, 2011 at 11:19 pm

What type am I? Eclectic – a mix of traditional, country, rustic, colorful and modern at the same time :)

15 Katie March 9, 2012 at 9:54 am

Pure clean, simple design with a Contemporary Abstract artwork to highlight the space.