White Rooms with Color

by Laura Casey Interiors on June 27, 2011

A look I love is white rooms with pops of color. If you’re considering painting your walls, a strategy that can work well is to add one color to a white room and then maybe add touches of two more colors for accents. This is great for the risk adverse or those who aren’t sure they are ready to take the plunge and paint their walls a saturated color. Here are a few successful white rooms with color…

White base, light earthy greens and a little black.

green accents White Rooms with Color

Llyod Ralph Designs used a very basic but modern graphic design scheme in this dining room – white complimented by black and a touch of yellow.

black and yellow White Rooms with Color

The aqua blue in this bedroom creates an awesome effect in this white bedroom.

white bed with blue White Rooms with Color

Pink and red accents with a touch of classic black in a mostly white bedroom.

pink and red accents White Rooms with Color

This crisp white chaise is accented by a pretty steel blue curtain and white wallpaper.

white sitting White Rooms with Color

This white room acts like a blank canvas with splashes of blue in it.

white room White Rooms with ColorWhite with a light mustard yellow accent adds a sort of old world French feel to this bathroom.

yellow White Rooms with Color

You don’t see this often…a bright red and white combination.

white and red White Rooms with Color

White with infusions of green plus a little blue and yellow.

white room green White Rooms with Color

I love all these rooms! What’s your favorite white wall and color combination?

Image credits: Tom Stringer for House Beautiful (1), Lloyd Ralph Designs for House and Home (2), Home Styling Blog (3), Sarah Richardson Designs (4), tiny white daisies tumblr (5), Meg Braff for House Beautiful (6), Sarah Richardson for House and Home (7), House and Home (8), Elle Decor (9).

{ 4 trackbacks }

White Room Interior Design with Pops Color Accent - Interior Gallery Design
July 18, 2011 at 11:14 am
Ready Made Curtains - Curtains Draperies
October 4, 2011 at 5:00 pm
10 Ways to motivate yourself to clean your house I Life Style & Image I Fashion & Lifestyle Blog UK | Life Style & Image
December 17, 2013 at 2:49 pm
USING WHITE TO MAKE A STATEMENT | Carini Lang Blog
January 7, 2014 at 3:53 pm

1 kathysue June 27, 2011 at 9:15 am

Love all of the above rooms, but I must say it will always be blue and white for me. Love it!! I do love the green and white and then there is black and white and yellow and white. Okay I guess I really do like them all, Happy Monday,Kathysue

2 Amy Vermillion June 27, 2011 at 12:20 pm

Every summer I want to paint my entire house white. Then fall comes….

3 pve June 27, 2011 at 5:04 pm

gorgeous rooms – that white with blue is stunning.

4 nanne June 28, 2011 at 4:31 pm

all of those rooms are so great!

white seems such a safe, easy choice to paint a room. but, i think, it is really kind of a tough decorating asethetic. to begin with, there are so many whites–some much prettier than others–but most whites have other tones in them, project other colors. i think you have to “understand” the shade of white that you choose. then, if one continues to play it safe, it can be very, very boring…or very, very maw maw or very, very disjointed, etc.

those white based rooms you posted jump off the page, but somehow remain soothing.

thanks for the images.

nanne in indiana by way of alabama

5 Tamsyn July 4, 2011 at 2:36 am

Thank you for posting these gorgeous images. The white chaise, in front of that gorgeous blue curtain has me swooning :)

6 Yelena (Colorful Childhood) July 10, 2011 at 11:20 pm

I like colorful rooms with white, rather than white rooms with color :)

7 Jewel April 1, 2012 at 8:54 am

I love the colors you used in the rooms. I love the whites and blues and greens. We just did our house in layers of different whites, greens, and blues. I am wondering where would I find a white chaise lounger like the one in the picture? So beautiful, and the room has such a soothing feel to it. Thanks for the photo’s, you have complimented my ideas of what I want and can have without thinking I am using too much white. Jewel