White Rooms with Color

by Laura Casey Interiors on June 27, 2011

A look I love is white rooms with pops of color. If you’re considering painting your walls, a strategy that can work well is to add one color to a white room and then maybe add touches of two more colors for accents. This is great for the risk adverse or those who aren’t sure they are ready to take the plunge and paint their walls a saturated color. Here are a few successful white rooms with color…

White base, light earthy greens and a little black.

Llyod Ralph Designs used a very basic but modern graphic design scheme in this dining room – white complimented by black and a touch of yellow.

The aqua blue in this bedroom creates an awesome effect in this white bedroom.

Pink and red accents with a touch of classic black in a mostly white bedroom.

This crisp white chaise is accented by a pretty steel blue curtain and white wallpaper.

This white room acts like a blank canvas with splashes of blue in it.

White with a light mustard yellow accent adds a sort of old world French feel to this bathroom.

You don’t see this often…a bright red and white combination.

White with infusions of green plus a little blue and yellow.

I love all these rooms! What’s your favorite white wall and color combination?

Image credits: Tom Stringer for House Beautiful (1), Lloyd Ralph Designs for House and Home (2), Home Styling Blog (3), Sarah Richardson Designs (4), tiny white daisies tumblr (5), Meg Braff for House Beautiful (6), Sarah Richardson for House and Home (7), House and Home (8), Elle Decor (9).

{ 4 trackbacks }

White Room Interior Design with Pops Color Accent - Interior Gallery Design
July 18, 2011 at 11:14 am
Ready Made Curtains - Curtains Draperies
October 4, 2011 at 5:00 pm
December 17, 2013 at 2:49 pm
USING WHITE TO MAKE A STATEMENT | Carini Lang Blog
January 7, 2014 at 3:53 pm

1 kathysue June 27, 2011 at 9:15 am

Love all of the above rooms, but I must say it will always be blue and white for me. Love it!! I do love the green and white and then there is black and white and yellow and white. Okay I guess I really do like them all, Happy Monday,Kathysue

2 Amy Vermillion June 27, 2011 at 12:20 pm

Every summer I want to paint my entire house white. Then fall comes….

3 pve June 27, 2011 at 5:04 pm

gorgeous rooms – that white with blue is stunning.

4 nanne June 28, 2011 at 4:31 pm

all of those rooms are so great!

white seems such a safe, easy choice to paint a room. but, i think, it is really kind of a tough decorating asethetic. to begin with, there are so many whites–some much prettier than others–but most whites have other tones in them, project other colors. i think you have to “understand” the shade of white that you choose. then, if one continues to play it safe, it can be very, very boring…or very, very maw maw or very, very disjointed, etc.

those white based rooms you posted jump off the page, but somehow remain soothing.

thanks for the images.

nanne in indiana by way of alabama

5 Tamsyn July 4, 2011 at 2:36 am

Thank you for posting these gorgeous images. The white chaise, in front of that gorgeous blue curtain has me swooning :)

6 Yelena (Colorful Childhood) July 10, 2011 at 11:20 pm

I like colorful rooms with white, rather than white rooms with color :)

7 White Room Interior Design with Pops Color Accent - Interior Gallery Design July 18, 2011 at 11:14 am

[…] Reference Tags: Pops Color Accent, Room Interior Design, White Room Design, White Room Interior […]

8 Ready Made Curtains - Curtains Draperies October 4, 2011 at 5:00 pm

[…] – a cottage bedroom by Sonya Kinkade{I’m a Giant} Challenge…Kayce’s Online DiaryWhite Rooms with Splashes of Color Interior Designer in Charlotte – Interior Decorator – Laura Casey… window.google_analytics_uacct = […]

9 Jewel April 1, 2012 at 8:54 am

I love the colors you used in the rooms. I love the whites and blues and greens. We just did our house in layers of different whites, greens, and blues. I am wondering where would I find a white chaise lounger like the one in the picture? So beautiful, and the room has such a soothing feel to it. Thanks for the photo’s, you have complimented my ideas of what I want and can have without thinking I am using too much white. Jewel

10 10 Ways to motivate yourself to clean your house I Life Style & Image I Fashion & Lifestyle Blog UK | Life Style & Image December 17, 2013 at 2:49 pm

[…] If you really hate the idea of cleaning the whole house in 1 or 2 goes, think about create a cleaning schedule which means that you’ll only clean 1 room at the time. Set a timer for 15 minutes or 30 minutes. E.g. Monday – Bathroom, Tuesday – Kitchen, Wednesday – Bedroom 1 etc. (Image Source) […]

11 USING WHITE TO MAKE A STATEMENT | Carini Lang Blog January 7, 2014 at 3:53 pm

[…] photo 3 | photo 4 | photo 5 | photo 6, via Pinterest | photo 7 | photo 8 | photo 9 | photo 10 | photo 11 | photo 12 | photo 13 | photo […]