The High Points of High Point

by Laura Casey Interiors on October 25, 2010

We had a great time last week in High Point and saw plenty of  wonderful furniture and accessories. The high points of High Point this time however, were all of the great people I got to meet and see: vendors, bloggers and designers.

Hearing Vicente Wolf speak was fantastic and one of the highlights of my time at Market.

I now have a signed copy of his new book to add to my collection.

Mr. Wolf is at once brilliant, hysterical, insanely talented and very, very real. His lecture explored how to “simplify the creative process”. This idea goes hand-in-hand with his new book, which is divided into three sections: Expand, Simplify and Connect. He expounded upon each of these themes with invaluable insight. He talked about his inspirations from his travels, his creative process, his pricing and how he has handled working during the recession. He is quite funny too! The following room is the Living Room in the 2010 Kips Bay Show House which I think is very beautiful. I love the dark wood paneling, light furniture and mix of pieces.

Here is a closer look at the pieces in the Living Room.

I also had the pleasure of attending the market launch party for Bunny Williams’ Beeline Home. It was their debut in High Point and a huge hit.

She has a new book coming out November 1st, and it is definitely on my list. Check out her great new website too!

I also got to meet Crystal from Rue Magazine & Plush Palate,

Brad Ford of Design Therapy,

Maria from Colour Me Happy,

Traci Zeller

and I got to reconnect with Jackie von Tobel of Jackie Blue Home.

I always make a point to say hello to….

Tritter Feefer

and Bourgeoisie 3D

and a new one that is high on my list…

Carolina George

We’re back to business as usual here in Charlotte this week. Hope you had a great weekend.

{ 5 trackbacks }

High Point Market Finds – lauracaseyinteriors
December 9, 2016 at 10:49 am
High Point Market Finds – Laura Casey Interiors
January 11, 2017 at 5:31 pm
Faucet Blog
March 29, 2017 at 7:52 pm
Mount Blog
June 3, 2017 at 12:42 pm
Compliant Blog
July 29, 2017 at 4:16 am

1 Sara Jane October 25, 2010 at 12:09 pm

Vincente Wolf looks like a more dignified Tony Danza.

2 mydesignchic October 25, 2010 at 12:48 pm

Sounds like a wonderful trip! Vicente Wolf AND Bunny Williams…how fantastic – two of my favorites…

3 Acanthus & Acorn October 25, 2010 at 12:54 pm

No doubt all the fantastic details and introductions are still swirling around in your head! I would have really enjoyed hearing VW. The new book is an amazing read. Will be adding BW’s to my list!

4 Carrie Waller October 25, 2010 at 1:07 pm

Wow! What a great trip. I’m going to have to check both books out. Thanks so much for sharing some of your experiences:)

5 julie y. October 25, 2010 at 1:22 pm

the new bunny williams book is so much fun. she had a q&a + book signing at the d&d recently. it was great to hear her talk about her new book. she claimed her #1 organizational must = all her hangers in the closets must match. ha. looks neater, right? great post. thanks for sharing! -julie

6 Ann October 25, 2010 at 5:05 pm

What a great experience Laura.Glad you had fun and met so many interesting people.
You know you can get Bunny’s new book now from Amazon. I love it! Now I have to get Vincente Wolf’s new book. Can’t wait!

7 Sarah Devaney-O'Neil October 25, 2010 at 5:40 pm

Thank you for sharing your highlights with us Laura! Love that last table/stool from Carolina George; cool piece!

8 cristin @ simplified bee October 25, 2010 at 6:28 pm

What a lovely recap of HP! The more I read, the more I want to go in the spring.

Also, so excited about Charlotte Moss’ book too… she will be in SF this weekend for a book signing!

Vincente’s book looks amazing too… might have to get that one as well.

xo,
cristin

9 velvet and linen October 25, 2010 at 6:48 pm

High Point was such a huge event!
I’m so sorry that we missed each other. Thank you for sharing your favorites.
I know we will meet in person eventually!

xo
Brooke

10 annechovie October 25, 2010 at 8:58 pm

Sounds like a great experience, Laura! Hope your week is a good one.

11 Splendid Willow October 26, 2010 at 12:06 am

I knew you would have a great time! And you got to meet Mr. Wolf too! I am huge fan of his.

Love the coffee tables you are showing.

Good to have you back!

ox, Mon

12 LLH Designs October 26, 2010 at 9:24 pm

That last piece is soooo cool! I love pieces that can multitask!
Xo,
Linsey

13 Greet October 27, 2010 at 1:00 pm

I see that you have had a wonderful time at High Point! I wish I could have been there with you and that I could have heard the speach of Vicente Wolf! And to enjoy talking with you my friend! I do hope to ever fly to the US and to meet you!! We have so much things in commun!! I really feel this when visiting your blog ! And I am a subscriber of your blog Laura, and I always read your posts but believe it or not I have so little time to blog or make comments on other blogs! I do hope you understand me , but do know that I read all of your posts!
A big hug,
Greet

14 seleta October 27, 2010 at 7:47 pm

WOW! I’m inspired just reading about all that you saw, can’t imagine how inspired you must be having experienced all of this design magnificence! Beautiful imagery here.

15 Pretty Pink Tulips October 27, 2010 at 7:49 pm

Laura,
I was at Kipps Bay today and saw Vincent’s room! What a wonderful time it sounds like you had at High Point.

16 Sanity Fair October 27, 2010 at 9:09 pm

Lucky you!!!! What fun to meet Wolf and all these fabulous people!
-SF

17 viera Tischljar October 28, 2010 at 2:49 am

What a fabulous event.
Thank you Laura for sharing with us.
X
V

18 High Point Market Finds – lauracaseyinteriors December 9, 2016 at 10:49 am

[…] As I always say, the High Points of High Point! […]

19 Gertrude December 16, 2016 at 11:33 am

This co;#&ndl8217ut have come at a better time! I bought some organic baby food because I wasn’t going to have time to make Jack’s food… and then I went to Sprouts to buy produce and felt overwhelmed because I didn’t know what type of combos to make. I’ll definitely take this list with me this week! Thank you!

20 High Point Market Finds – Laura Casey Interiors January 11, 2017 at 5:31 pm

[…] As I always say, the High Points of High Point! […]

21 Faucet Blog March 29, 2017 at 7:52 pm

Best Buy Danzea Antiocha Collection D304122br Double Handle Bathroom Faucet

[…] oints of High Point Interior Designer in Charlotte – Interior Decorator – Laura […]

22 Mount Blog June 3, 2017 at 12:42 pm

Danzea Parmaa Collection D235058bn Single Lever Bath

[…] h Points of High Point Interior Designer in Charlotte – Interior Decorator – Lau […]

23 Compliant Blog July 29, 2017 at 4:16 am

Danzea Antiocha Collection D304022x Double Lever Widespread Lavatory Faucet

[…] nts of High Point Interior Designer in Charlotte – Interior Decorator – Laura Ca […]