Exposed Brick

by Laura Casey Interiors on September 30, 2010

Exposed brick is a structural and aesthetic element that I often associate with more cozy and traditional interiors.

House Beautiful J.Randall Powers2 Exposed Brick

House Beautiful J. Randall Powers Exposed Brick

Yet it can be also look great in a more transitional and contemporary space.

House and Home Exposed Brick

Traditional Home Bradley Stephens Exposed Brick

Chicago Home Magazine Arch. Mark Peters Exposed Brick

Brick in a kitchen brings in an element of warmth to an otherwise modern kitchen.

Loft Life Magazine Exposed Brick

When we lived in NYC I had a few friends who sometimes thought brick was a challenge in their apartments, but I think it is a fantastic and unique interior feature. Isn’t this smart to hang a fixture from the pipe?

House and Home Stacey Beggs Loft Exposed Brick

The below space looks like a fabulous wedding dress or vintage shop.

I love how a few of the pieces are hung from the walls.

Home and Life Blog Exposed Brick

Don’t you want to go hang out on that tufted sofa and try on dresses? I do!

Photo Credits:  J.Randall Powers House Beautiful (1 & 2), via House and Home, Bradley Stephens Traditional Home, via Loft Life Magazine, Mark Peters for Chicago Home Magazine, April Tidey for House and Home, Stacey Begg via House and Home, via Home and Life

BANQUETTE LOVE…….
March 12, 2013 at 9:40 am

1 Kathysue September 30, 2010 at 11:42 am

I love the texture exposed brick gives to a room. So many want to paint it and I almost never suggest that unless it sticks out like a sore thumb in the room. You have some great images showing how great it can look,KATHYSUE

2 Jean September 30, 2010 at 12:51 pm

Love it. Ithink the whte grout in all of them makes a huge difference. Great pick of pics.

3 pve September 30, 2010 at 1:34 pm

Makes me want to sing – “She’s a brick house – lookin all mighty mighty” -
My 11 year old daughter wants a brick wall in her bedroom! I think it can have an old yet hip vibe to any space. Fantastic images. Wait, I always say that when I stop here.

4 a perfect gray September 30, 2010 at 2:11 pm

beautiful. I love exposed brick. we exposed a chimney in our kitchen in a former house we had and loved it…

5 ArchitectDesign September 30, 2010 at 2:54 pm

I always think it LOOKS good, but I hate it in a house, prefer it for office spaces. I just think it feels/looks dirty and is very cold. That said though, these photos are all gorgeous!

6 Pretty Pink Tulips September 30, 2010 at 4:21 pm

I am SO loving that formal chandelier hanging in the modern red brick room. Yin Yang that works!!

7 Ann September 30, 2010 at 9:36 pm

I love exposed brick Laura. You have chosen some beautiful examples! I want to save every one of them in my inspiration files.

8 Splendid Willow October 1, 2010 at 12:12 am

I used that first image in one of my very first blog posts — so yes, I also love that look!

I am joining you on that sofa! What a lovely room! And look at all that natural light.

Happy weekend to you, lovely Laura.

ox, Mon

9 Eddie Ross October 1, 2010 at 1:03 pm

We love exposed brick… That fixture hanging from the pipe is a great idea!

E+J

10 Lindley October 1, 2010 at 7:35 pm

Love the home in the first two pictures! I cut them out of a magazine (Traditional Home?) years ago and if I ever build a house, I’m copying the exposed brick with arched doorways. I actually think it warms up a house. Great post!

11 Ragland Hill Social by Gwen Driscoll October 2, 2010 at 7:52 pm

Love exposed brick always! Hope you have having a great weekend.

12 LLH Designs October 4, 2010 at 9:24 pm

I love seeking outdoor elements on the inside…brick, limestone, iron, garden elements, etc. I especially love the first two images!

Xo…Linsey

13 CB January 24, 2013 at 1:15 pm

Love the kitcen chairs in the first one! Where did you find them?