NOLA recap #2

by Laura Casey Interiors on May 11, 2010

I am back from a great trip to Louisiana visiting my husbands’ family. I spent a day last week in New Orleans while staying in Baton Rouge. My morning started with a visit to Eclectic Home, where there is tons of neat lighting, fun accessories and great looking furniture. I was looking for a few things for a client, and they couldn’t have been nicer or more helpful!

NOLA recap #2

I took a quick swing through Gerrie Bremermann and  Passages Antiques.Next stop wasInterior Designs which has great upholstery, lighting and prints.

Screen shot 2010 05 10 at 6.39.39 PM1 NOLA recap #2

Screen shot 2010 05 10 at 6.39.08 PM1 NOLA recap #2

One great thing about the blogging and design community is that you get to know people over email, and then when you meet them you feel like you already know them a bit. I have been reading The Gimlet Eye for a while, emailing with Jessie, and I got to meet her in the morning which was a treat.

Screen shot 2010 05 09 at 7.36.40 PM NOLA recap #2

Next I went toPerch and spent some time with the owner Caroline Robert, who writes a great blog and is a very talented designer. Perch always has the most hip looking art, lighting, chic accessories and it is all  mixed with comfortable furniture.

NOLA recap #2

NOLA recap #2

Valerie Hart aka. The Vamp (who works at Perch and is the coolest woman in nola) arranged a fun lunch at Coquette on Magazine for a few bloggers and shop owners and we had a great time.

Screen shot 2010 05 10 at 6.48.35 PM1 NOLA recap #2

Screen shot 2010 05 09 at 8.00.14 PM NOLA recap #2

Thanks to Beki (blue dress) from ArtsyCraftyBabe who posted this photo on her blog. At lunch I sat in between Caroline and Fifi Laughlin and across from Valerie. I know, lucky me! Fifi makes fabulous lamps, which I wrote about last summer.She sells her lamps in the back rooms of Kathy Slater’s shop on Magazine, they are worth a stop!

Screen shot 2010 05 10 at 10.02.20 PM NOLA recap #2

After lunch I had a kaput car battery, and the talented decorative painter and blogger Mitch Settoon tried to help me jump start it but no dice.

Screen shot 2010 05 10 at 8.07.47 PM NOLA recap #2

So while I sorted out my car issues, I got to hang out with Julie Neill and the fun girls in her two shops. A big thanks to Julie, Christine and Jennifer for helping me out in a pinch!!

Screen shot 2010 05 10 at 9.10.27 PM NOLA recap #2

If you are in town be sure to check out her new shop with Shawn O’Brien N + O (Neill and O’Brien/New + Orleans = CLEVER!) down the street, it is amazing. I had a few more stops that I didn’t make it too, but most importantly I did pick up my husband at the airport on time. I am looking forward to my next trip!

Stay tuned for NOLA Recap #3, possibly a two-day adventure.

1 pve May 11, 2010 at 6:11 am

What fun! I am one bit jealous!!!

2 Tina Steele Lindsey May 11, 2010 at 6:38 am

I’ve been wanting to go so badly, and your visit makes me want to make that happen! Wonderful, it is all so wonderful.

3 a perfect gray May 11, 2010 at 6:52 am

perch looks wonderful – as does the rest….thanks so much for the look….a fabulous time, I know…

4 Ragland Hill Social by Gwen Driscoll May 11, 2010 at 7:25 am

Just love New Orleans and all the fun bloggers and shop owners there. Wish I had been with you all. And, I hope you got your car fixed for sure. Bummer. Hope you are well.

5 Sally@DivineDistractions May 11, 2010 at 7:28 am

I read about your lunch soiree on Valorie’s blog and visited all the bloggers there. That’s where I found Jesse, and I’m so glad I did. Love her blog. I’d love a trip to NOLA just to shop…seen the historic things….want to shop till I drop…and maybe eat a beignet! fun post.

6 Jessie May 11, 2010 at 8:46 am

Can’t wait to have you back…I definitely vote for a two day shopping/eating/drinking extravaganza! It was wonderful to meet you in person and play the small world game. Hopefully, see you soon down here!
Jessie

7 Sarah Pribyl May 11, 2010 at 3:05 pm

What a great visit-thank you for sharing! And what a beautiful photo of so many talented women!

8 Mona Thompson May 11, 2010 at 7:12 pm

Sounds like a great time. I would love to visit myself. Really cool stuff.

9 Sarah (Matters of Style) May 12, 2010 at 2:14 pm

LOVE that turquoise chandelier!!!!

10 brilliant asylum May 14, 2010 at 11:24 am

Shopping in NOLA is a dream trip of mine. Thanks for sharing your photos.

I love your website updates too. There are some photos on there that I had not seen before. Looks great!

11 le petit cabinet de curiosites May 14, 2010 at 1:45 pm

What great shops … New Orleans seems to be a fabulous stop . Thanks for sharing these pics

12 Maryruth April 15, 2011 at 9:08 am

Your picture in the group is beautiful. I’m happy to see a recent photograph of you.
I saw the seafoam painted mirror on the wall. I liked this idea you gave me, because my old gold mirror became sharper and more enjoyable. Love, Maryruth