Simply Swedish

by Laura Casey Interiors on November 17, 2009

Swedish style is comfortable, pretty and not too fussy. Almost like that accidentally beautiful English style I love. This all seems like it has been distressed through great use, and I love a very light room.

Picture 16 Simply Swedish

Picture 31 Simply Swedish

Picture 15 Simply Swedish

Picture 38 Simply Swedish

Picture 18 Simply Swedish

Picture 37 Simply Swedish

Picture 17 Simply Swedish

Some other good stops for Swedish furniture and great blogs

Picture 331 Simply Swedish

Picture 35 Simply Swedish

Do you like it simply Swedish?

Photo Credits: Swedish Interior Design Group and Country Swedish

Swedish Interiors | Decor Home Ideas
January 19, 2014 at 8:01 am

1 Leeann November 17, 2009 at 6:56 am

I adore the swedish look. The colours are soothing and it is timeless.

Leeann

2 pve November 17, 2009 at 7:05 am

I do love the lightness, and the simplicity of Swedish Design. I am learning more about it which is fun and Avolli has some wonderful things as well as Sandra Morgan Interiors in Greenwich, CT. where my artwork is hanging ( sorry a little self pr never hurt!)

3 style chronicle November 17, 2009 at 8:46 am

Swedish furniture reminds me of ballet – soft, elegant, light and pretty. I love the image of the daybed with blue and white upholstered walls. Tres chic!

4 Things That Inspire November 17, 2009 at 8:46 am

I do love the Swedish look. When we moved to Atlanta 13 years ago, I looked and looked for furniture that had this kind of feel – light, bleached woods, or painted furniture. It was not ‘in’ at all back then (I seem to recall a lot of darker woods). So, it has been wonderful to see it so embraced right now!

However, as much as I love the Swedish look, my main focus is French with continental flair – so not entirely French, but with influences of Sweden and Belgium and even Italy. I would not do the ‘pure’ Swedish look in my own home.

That clock is stunning!

5 Karena November 17, 2009 at 9:31 am

I love this light and airy look. it is so fresh and inviting!

6 Flisan November 17, 2009 at 12:37 pm

What a beautiful blog you have!
It’s always interesting to read what non-Swedes consider the Swedish style. Here in Sweden, we have different names for the different styles. Gustavian, turn of the century, Art Nouveau, Rococo, Empire, rustic and so on.
Biased as I am, I just love the Gustavian style. The pale colors with gray as the base is something I never get tired of.

It makes me so happy that other nations do appreciate the simplicity of our furnishings.
Big hug

Flisan, Sweden

7 Susan November 17, 2009 at 1:45 pm

I love this look so much! We just bought our first house and if I could, I would fill it with items just like these! :)

8 Sarah November 17, 2009 at 4:03 pm

I love the fresh look of distressed wood. Its such a clean look without being too polished. Great post!

9 Cristin @ Simplified Bee November 17, 2009 at 6:30 pm

I love the Swedish look. The antique Swedish clock is gorgeous.

xo,
cristin

10 annechovie November 17, 2009 at 10:16 pm

The Swedish look is definitely one I always admire, Laura. Great post! xx

11 custom bedroom furniture November 18, 2009 at 5:06 am

Furniture arrangement can either be fun or maddening. You can’t always change the basic structure of the room such as door and window placements, but you can do your best to work within those limits and put your furniture and other fixed pieces in places that best complement the overall look and flow of the house.

12 Lauren November 19, 2009 at 7:48 am

yes!!! i love it!! that first dining room is beautiful… i love how simple it is yet just so gorgeous!

13 Chic Coles November 19, 2009 at 8:51 pm

Never can have enough of the Swedish look and style. The washes of grey.

14 Splendid Willow November 20, 2009 at 1:30 am

Don’t have to sell me on the look & feel! It is part of my DNA! I never get tired of it. The simple lines and the light and airy colors of the old Swedish pieces (particularly 18th c) still work so well centuries later. It is one of the few (old) styles that so easily can be mixed with contemporary pieces. Lovely, Laura!

Happy weekend! OX Monika

15 Merri Cvetan November 20, 2009 at 2:02 pm

Swedish design is such a classic look. It’s perfect for those of us who live in the north where it’s dark all winter. Clean lines and fresh colors go with snow!

16 Brabourne Farm November 23, 2009 at 6:47 am

I love Swedish design and l love your choice of images – all gorgeous and perfectly illustrate this beautiful style. Leigh

17 Tricia - Avolli November 28, 2009 at 8:52 pm

Laura, Thanks so much for including Avolli in this blog post! The images you chose are beautiful and I am honored to be a part of this lovely installment to your well written and planned blog.

I hope you had a wonderful Thanksgiving and that you will have a spectacular holiday season!

Warmly,