Chic on the Cheap: Consignment

by Laura Casey Interiors on February 5, 2009

If you want to update a little without spending a lot consignment stores are a great resource.  I went on a bit of a hunt to see what I could find. Charlotte’s South End Exchange (click for website) is a great place to start. I spent some time with Laura and she was tremendously helpful and friendly. Consignment shopping takes time and patience, but with some of both you might find some great things!

This bell jar lantern is a STEAL at $150 (I like the B&W photo behind it too)

dsc_0026

Pair of punched tin lamps with silk shades $175

dsc_0025

5′ x 7′ Bakhitiari rug is $327 and would like great on top of a sisal

dsc_0024

Pair of bamboo benches $165 (paint with little cushions!)

dsc_0013

Some accessories:

Pillow $10

dsc_0009

Hand Painted Tray $35 (could turn into a little table)

dsc_0027

Pair of Candlesticks $10 (can easily be painted or lacquered)

dsc_0028

Pair of pillows $125

dsc_0015
Sunburst Mirror $65 (take a brillo pad and give it a little patina)
dsc_0018

Go on a hunt and let me know what you find!
SOUTH END EXCHANGE-1616 Camden Road Charlotte, NC- 704-353-4600

{ 2 trackbacks }

simple updates, wallet friendly : Laura Casey Interiors, LLC
March 1, 2009 at 11:52 am
September 17, 2009 at 6:01 am

1 camila February 5, 2009 at 7:24 pm

Sounds like you had a fun trip. Happy to have found your blog from HC’s recent post.

I’m going to enjoy starting at the beginning of your blog and working my way to present day. One of my favorite things to do with a new blog.

Also love the Amy Butler fabric on your header. I have it in my bathroom!

2 Megan February 5, 2009 at 7:33 pm

What great finds! Another fun store if you are doing some work is Habitat ReStore – we have two in Northern Viriginia. Builders and homeowners donate gently used cabinets, fixtures, and appliances and the profits go to Habitat for Humanity. I have a friend who found some awesome stained glass there too!

3 Sarah Pribyl February 8, 2009 at 10:51 pm

Thanks so much for this post-it’s awesome and really helpful. Great suggestions!

4 simple updates, wallet friendly : Laura Casey Interiors, LLC March 1, 2009 at 11:52 am

[…] few weeks ago I did a post on consignment shopping after seeing some great looking items at a local consignment store. If your home requires a few […]

5 Lanterns Laura Casey Interiors – Charlotte Interior Designer Laura Casey Interiors September 17, 2009 at 6:01 am

[…] when I found this one for a steal at South End Consignment? Shortly after I posted it  a reader went and bought […]